Strike action - 15th and 16th March 2023
I have previously informed parents that we anticipated that there would be strike action on 15th/16th March. I am informing you of arrangements for next week.
The strike is happening because of a national dispute between the NEU union and the government over the funding of teachers' pay and not because of any issues at our school.
Wednesday 15th March
The following year groups will have provision in school on Wednesday 15th March - years nine, ten, eleven, twelve and thirteen.
The following year groups will have online provision on Wednesday 15th March and should remain at home - years seven and eight.
Thursday 16th March
The following year groups will have provision in school on Thursday 16th March - years seven and eight, twelve and thirteen.
The following year groups will have online provision on Thursday 16th March and should remain at home - years nine, ten and eleven.
This decision has been made on the basis of ensuring we can meet our responsibility for health and safety and ensure that we have sufficient staffing levels.
For year groups attending school
- Where staff are in school, normal lessons will be undertaken.
- If a class teacher is not in school, classes will be supervised and an alternative programme will be undertaken instead of the usual taught lesson.
- Catering facilities will be provided as normal and students will be able to obtain lunch as usual.
- Where staff are in school, Cygnus activities will take place as usual. We will communicate home if any clubs need to be cancelled.
- School transport will be running as normal.
For year groups not attending school
- Students should log on to google classroom at the start of the day. Where the class teacher is in school, online lessons using google classroom and the meet facility will be provided. This will be at the usual timetabled lesson time. (9.00am / 11.00am / 1.30pm)
- If a member of staff is not in school, online activities will be available for students to follow and complete. These should be undertaken at the usual timetabled lesson time (9.00am / 11.00am / 1.30pm)
I am aware that you may be faced again with making alternative arrangements for your child at short notice and that they may experience disruption to their education. I understand that this situation may be frustrating but hope that this notice will give you enough time to make alternative arrangements for the day, if necessary. Chilwell School remains committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our students and delivering high-quality teaching.
We are working closely with our staff union representatives to keep up to date with the situation, and I will inform you as soon as possible if arrangements change further.