Support and Guidance
Whatever path you choose you will be offered advice and guidance to help you plan for your future. Whilst the majority of our students progress into Higher Education, increasingly more students are taking alternative routes into employment. You will be encouraged to explore all options and take responsibility for your decisions.
You will be supported throughout by a team of experienced staff. These include:
- Sixth form tutors – fully up-to-date with subject and curriculum options and with all aspects of UCAS
- An independent careers advisor – Mrs Smith
- Access to the UNIFROG website. This is an award winning careers platform which helps students to make intelligent choices about their future while allowing teachers to track their progress.
The tutor team will ensure that you are provided with a range of activities to support progression. These include:
- Progression events – a comprehensive programme of activities, designed to prepare students for higher education, employment or apprenticeships.
- Sixth form careers experience – all year 12 students are expected to find a placement during the Summer term
- Guest speakers from a variety of employment sectors and HE institutions
- Visits to Universities
- Volunteering opportunities